This could serve 4-5 people generously or feed 2 for 3 days. I use 1/3 of meatballs for sauce and freeze the rest for later. And, obviously, you have to make spaghetti to go with this.
- 1 lbs. ground pork
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 eggs, beaten
- 1 small onion, minced in food processor
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ~1 tsp crushed red pepper
- ~1 tsp salt, pepper
- optional: dried oregano, Italian spice mix, cumin…
- Mix everything together, but don’t over mix 🙂
- Form into balls (2 tbsp sized) and brown on stovetop (if intending to finish cooking in sauce) OR bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes to freeze.
- 1 onion, food processed
- 3-4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2-3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can crushed + 1 can diced tomatoes (use the large cans)
- salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar*
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- olive oil
- optional: dried oregano, crushed red pepper, garlic powder…
*if you don’t want to add sugar, you can substitute a grated carrot and saute it at the start with the onion.
- Saute onion and a dash of salt in olive oil until translucent or browned.
- Add tomato paste and garlic. Saute for a minute or two.
- Stir in canned tomatoes. Cover and simmer until you are done browning the meatballs.
- Add meatballs and spices/sugar/salt. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- When ready to serve, stir in fresh basil and adjust the seasoning.
- Toss with cooked spaghetti. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil over the top (if desired).