The Dutch Baby: easier than crepes, plus you don’t have to slave over the stove for 20 minutes cursing yourself for inconsistent crepe thickness. It’s the ultimate mix, pour, walk away breakfast recipe that isn’t from a box.
- 1/4 cup butter*
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- powdered sugar & lemon juice
*you can either use salted butter, or add a pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut up butter (if straight from fridge) and melt in the oven in a 9×9 inch casserole pan or oven-safe skillet.*
- Beat the eggs with a whisk for 30 seconds.
- Mix in milk, vanilla, and flour, one at a time, continually whisking the mixture. Add flour slowly to avoid clumps.
- Pour mixture into the warm casserole dish full of melted butter.
- Bake for ~12-15 minutes.
To serve, dust with powdered sugar and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
*you can use any similarly sized oven-safe dish, it will still taste awesome.
Also, if you only have 2 eggs, just reduce milk and flour to 1/2 cup each.