If adding oats, make sure that they are somewhat small (like 1-minute oat sized). If you’ve only got classic rolled oats, blend them in a coffee grinder to chop them up a bit.
If you are using chocolate bars, chop them up so the largest pieces are chocolate chip sized. If you are using chocolate chips, use 2 cups. The best version is to use 2 Ghiradelli chocolate bars.
- Mix together flour, salt, baking soda, and oats if using. (In a separate bowl.)
- Beat butter and sugars together until lighter in color and fluffy-ish.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined.
- At this point I make some cookies, cover the bowl in plastic wrap and keep the dough in the fridge. Ideally you should chill the dough for 30 minutes before forming the dough into balls, then bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are just turning brown
I’m going to scoop these onto a cookie sheet, flash freeze them, then put them all in a ziploc freezer bag and keep them in the freezer.