Finally! A pinterest recipe that isn’t a terrible disappointment.
- 1 small bag of caramels (~15)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 – 6 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 pan, or line with foil/parchment.
- Mix melted butter and sugar. Add flour, oats, baking soda and mix well.
- Press half of the mix into the pan to form an even bottom layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Over med-low heat, combine heavy cream and caramels (unwrapped). Stir until uniformly melted and smooth.
- Remove bottom crust from oven and let cool slightly. Top with pecans and chocolate chips, pour the caramel sauce over it all.
- Crumble the second half of the cookie dough on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until edges are slightly browned.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Recipe adapted from: Made from Pinterest
I used foil for this batch. I also added the pecans to the cookie dough, which I won’t do again because it causes the cookie dough to crack and it’s more difficult to keep in bar form.