3/4 cup Flour, plus some extra for dousing
3/4 cup corn starch
1 tsp baking powder
~ 1/3 cup Murphy’s double stout beer
1.5 pounds Atlantic cod filets
oil for frying
- Mix flour, corn starch, baking powder, pepper. Add beer and enough water to make a thick pancake batter.
- Refrigerate batter for 30 minutes.
- Pat dry fish filets and season with salt. Douse with flour. Shake off excess.
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees.
- Batter fish and deep fry for 7-8 minutes. Be sure to gently place the fish in oil with tongs –hold it for about 3 seconds, don’t just drop in it the oil or it will stick to the bottom of the pot.
I didn’t like the chips I made so I’m not including the recipe. Next year I’m going to buy them frozen and bake them.