- 1 lb. mild Italian sausage
- pinch red chili flakes
- 1 white onion, sliced (optional)
- olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 russet potatoes, sliced
- chicken stock/chicken bouillon
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- ~ 1/2 cup heavy cream
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- Brown sausage with red chili flakes. Remove and reserve.
- Saute garlic and onion in olive oil.
- Add potatoes and chicken stock, add water enough to cover potatoes.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes soft.
- Add sausage and kale.
- Add cream just before serving.
- Top with black pepper and Parmesan cheese.
I made this without onion, I don’t think it really needs it. Next time I’m adding more kale.