- 1 cup dry white beans
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Anaheim pepper, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- salt & crushed red pepper
- soak beans 8 hrs/overnight in salt water (1 tbsp salt). drain and rinse.
- saute peppers and tomato in oil.
- add tomato paste and fry for a few minutes.*
- add beans and cover with water by 2 inches.
- Bring to boil, cover, simmer until beans cooked.
- Add salt, pepper.
- Serve with white rice, salad, pickles.
*you can add flour/cornstarch to the tomato paste to thicken it.
if using canned beans, rinse them well, add less water to the pot, and cook until heated through.