- 2-3 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk, separated
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3-5 Japanese eggplant, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 jalapeno /chili pepper (optional), sliced
- cubed tofu
- cilantro, chopped (garnish)
- 1 bunch green onions (optional), chopped
I don’t have a wok, I use a stew pot. Green curry paste is the most spicy, red is less spicy, and yellow is mild. Green is really good with tofu and pork, yellow with pumpkin and chicken.
- Over medium-high heat add 1 tsp oil and saute curry paste until fragrant. The coconut milk should stay separated, add the white coconut cream part to the pot. Mix with the curry paste. Let it come to a boil then turn down the heat to simmer.
- When you can see green-colored oil forming at the top, add the remaining coconut milk, fish sauce, and sugar. If you want to add sliced meat add it now.
- When the mixture is back to a boil, add eggplant. Cover and simmer until eggplant is cooked.
- Add peppers, tofu, cilantro, and green onions. Heat these through over low heat.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
To make a soup use yellow curry paste, add more coconut milk, add water, and veggies like snow peas, pea shoots, bok choi, mizuna, carrots, etc.