- 5 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 7 1/4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp strong coffee
- 1 tbsp flour, sifted
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 350, butter a 10 inch pie or tart pan.
- Melt the chocolate and coffee in a double boiler, let cool while you whip the egg yolks.
- Whip the egg yolks and sugar until light yellow.
- Quickly mix in the melted chocolate, then add the sifted flour.
- Whip the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they form stiff peaks.
- Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture. Then fold the chocolate mixture into the egg whites.
- Add the batter to the pan and bake for 20 minutes, until slightly firm at the center. If it’s not firm, bake for an additional 1 or 2 minutes at the most.
- Let cool, it will deflate a bit.
Cover with aluminum foil and keep it in the fridge.