This was ridiculously delish, and I’m surprised because I didn’t think it would be all that! Nice surprise indeed 🙂
(on a side note, I’ve kind of stopped measuring things, so… you can be flexible with the amounts here)
- 3 bone-in pork chops
- 1 cup golden raisins (rehydrate by soaking them in boiling water for 15 minutes or so)
- 3 golden delicious apples, sliced, peel-on
- 1-2 white onions, sliced
- butter (oh yeah!)
- Melt a few tbsps of butter into a stew pot and saute the apples, onions, and plumped up raisins.
- While the onions/apples are sauteeing, melt some butter in a hot skillet and brown the pork chops. Place them on top of the sauteed onion-apple-raisin mix in the stew pot. My skillet was too small to fit all 3 chops, so I browned them one at a time.
- Deglaze the pork chop skillet with water and add it to the stew pot.
- Cover and simmer for about 1-2 hours, or until the chops are done and the apples are soft.