This recipe happened by accident, but if you ever have extra fajita meat and are debating either to cook it or freeze it, I say FREEZE! and use this recipe:
- fajita marinated steak*
- 2-3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 shakes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 red chili peppers, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 pimento, diced (or you can use mild chilis)
- 1 tbsp dried red chili flakes
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- garlic (optional)
- salt & pepper
- white rice, cooked
In a large pot, brown the steak over medium high heat and remove from the pot. Add oil to the pot and saute the onions and peppers (add some salt). Add the meat back to the pot and add tomatoes and spices/sauces/vinegar. Cover with water completely and boil vigorously for about 1.5 hours. Adjust the seasonings at the end.
Top white rice with fries and spoon the “adobo” over it.
* I used this fajita marinade recipe, with a few alterations that I can’t remember because I doubt they made a difference at all 🙂