Because the end of Summer should be celebrated with some kind of picnic salad.
- 2 cups dry macaroni
- diced celery *
- mined red onion, washed (to take the sting out) *
- 1/2 cup of peas*
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp distilled white vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp mustard
- 2-3 tbsp sour cream
- salt & pepper
* add amounts to your liking. I’m using 1/2 a red onion and 2 celery stalks.
- Cook the macaroni. Rinse with cold water.
- Mix mayo, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt & pepper in a large bowl. Toss with macaroni, peas, onion, and celery.
- It’s best served ASAP. You can make it ahead of time, and keep it in the fridge for a few days. Or you can wait until just before serving to mix the dressing in with the rest.
I’m serving this alongside sliders (mini-burgers with cheddar and pickle).