Basic Design idea: garlic, onion, potato, spinach, zucchini, stock, bay leaf, chives, lemon
What I did:
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 tsp butter + 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp crushed garlic from Trader Joe’s (I use Low Sodium)
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 4 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- green onion
- crushed red pepper
- Saute the shallots in butter and oil until soft.
- Add the garlic, zucchini, spinach, and potatoes and saute for a few minutes. Cover with water and add the bay leaves and bouillon paste.
- Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the veggies are soft and disintegrating.
- Remove the Bay Leaves!
- Blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Serve with a healthy squeeze of fresh lemon. Garnish with green onion and crushed red pepper. Add salt to taste.