- 1/2 cooked butternut squash (you can use and uncooked one, but I happened to have half of a cooked one in my freezer)
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 chopped potato
- chicken broth/veggie broth/water
- salt and pepper
- Saute the onions in butter until translucent.
- Add broth, squash, potato, carrot, and celery seed. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or forever, until all the veggies are soft. Add more water/broth if needed.
- Blend with a hand blender.
- Garnish with scallion, salt/pepper, yogurt, etc. Serve.
I didn’t have chicken broth so instead I added water and a pinch of turmeric, celery seed, dill, garlic powder, coriander, ground ginger, a bay leaf, thyme, and cayenne pepper. It turned out much better than I had expected. I was also surprised because when I tasted it out of the pot it tasted bland, but when I ate it in the bowl it was DELISH! maybe it was the scallions and salt & pepper?