I feel that I make very characteristic salads, and since Brian will soon be using this blog to cook (I hope) I want him to know what to do. One would think that salads were relatively difficult to screw up, but I think in this case I’m being high-maintenance a la When Harry Met Sally.
- 3-4 leaves of different lettuces ( red leaf, romaine, green leaf, butter), thinly sliced
- a handful of spring mix (arugula, spinach, baby lettuce), thinly sliced
- a few tbsp fresh chopped dill and cilantro, or basil and mint
- 2 persian cucumbers, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 diced red onion
- 1/2 lime or lemon, juiced
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Mix all the greens together. Top with lemon juice, oil, and salt & pepper.