- 1/2 lb of dried lima beans, overnight soak or quick soak
- olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1-2 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- chopped parsley or oregano (optional)
- 4-6 juicy tomatoes, chopped or a big can of diced tomatoes
- feta cheese
- fresh bread
- Simmer the beans for ~30 minutes. Drain.
- In a casserole dish, combine the tomatoes, garlic, herbs, and beans. Drizzle a hefty amount (~1/2 cup) of olive oil and stir.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1/2 – 1 hour.
- Top with feta cheese crumbles and eat with fresh bread.
I made this a second time using a big can of diced tomatoes, and I served the feta cheese separately: