I LOVE Buffalo wings to death! But they are SO messy and they never come with enough veggies (plus I hate carrots, why are there always more carrots than celery?). I’ve often dreamed of the day when buffalo wings could be made into a salad, and I don’t mean topping a ranch salad with buffalo coated chicken fingers–yum, but no! I JUST DON’T WANT TO FEEL GUILTY ANYMORE! Hence, this recipe 🙂
- a few handfuls shredded green cabbage*
- a thinly sliced celery spear (mimic the cabbage)
- a few tbsp Blue cheese dressing
- 1 chicken breast (boneless skinless)
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- 2-3 tbsp hot sauce, or cayenne pepper
* tip: to get the cabbage shredded, use the horizontal slits on your cheese grater. You can use a mandolin, but I sliced off the tip of my finger the last time I used one. 😦
- Heat you oven to 350 degrees and bake the chicken for 40-50 minutes.
- Heat the butter until it melts, add hot sauce or cayenne.
- Chop the chicken into bite-sized slices and toss with the hot sauce-butter.
- Toss the celery and cabbage with the blue cheese dressing. Top with the buffalo chicken.
I know I didn’t reinvent the wheel here, but I found a way to eat my favorite food and not feel guilty about it!