This is Terry & Holly’s Mom’s recipe and one of my favorite things in the world to eat! I got the recipe direct from the source. (at last!) The spice mix is key, and also fun to play with. It can be made with either ground turkey or ground beef. Enjoy!
- 1/2 tsp each of:
- curry powder (optional)
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1 diced onion
- 1 package frozen peas
- 1 cooked, diced potato
- prepared white rice (to serve with)
- Mix the spices and set aside.
- Saute the onions until tender.
- Add the beef and cook until brown.
- Add the spices, 1/2 cup of water, and peas. Simmer until peas are cooked.
- Add the potatoes and adjust the seasonings.
- Serve over steamed rice.