I made this in retaliation to the past few days of dreamy, creamy pasta. It cost me $5.47, which made it taste even better!
- chopped bunch of kale
- 1 bunch basil
- ~1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- few tbsp olive oil
- ~ 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- french bread or pasta
- salt & pepper
- Blanch the chopped kale in boiling water. Don’t add salt to the water (please).
- In a food processor, process basil, garlic, 1-2 tbsp olive oil, walnuts, and lemon juice.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet and saute the sliced onion, when translucent add the blanched kale, pesto, and a spoonful of the blanch-water.
- Mix in the Parmesan cheese and drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve with french bread (for a petit bite) or toss with pasta (for a main dish) . Don’t forget the salt & pepper.