When I make these I think of my mom. She used to make them as a snack while studying. They’re fast to make and yummy to eat.
- sharp cheddar cheese
- thinly sliced Granny Smith or Braeburn apple
- corn tortillas
- salt (optional)
- chopped green onion (optional)
- romaine lettuce (optional)
- Put a few slices, or a few ounces of shredded cheddar on each corn tortilla.
- Arrange the apple slices atop the cheese.
- Put in the oven at 350, or under the broiler until the cheese melts.
- Top with salt and green onion if you like.
I usually eat about 4 of these at a time, they are so good. Sometimes, I add a lot of cheese and top them with lettuce and salt. Lettuce and cheddar cheese tacos are one of my favorite cheap-o meals. The green onion changes the flavor a bit. If you have a really sour granny smith apple I would suggest that you not use green onion, the apple and cheddar are so good together, the green onion intrudes too much on them.