This recipe evolved at Kirkham Street when Brian had to make dinner on Monday nights and I refused to eat anymore onion-mayo-sausage-bagel sandwiches. It’s yummy, fatty, and filling 🙂
- chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 chopped avocado or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 small can of corn
- 1 small can of black beans
- 1/2 diced red onion
- 2 diced tomatoes
- chopped cilantro
- chopped head of romaine lettuce
- ranch dressing
- mild green taco sauce
- fresh ground pepper
- Toss the vegetables and cheese in [watered down] ranch dressing.
- Top the salad with taco sauce, chicken and black pepper.
- Try not to choke when scarfing it down 🙂
Don’t be fooled by this dish masquerading as a salad, it’s DEFINITELY a full meal. It goes nicely with a cold beer and Family Guy or a trashy Vh1 reality show.