Healthy Cheap is what’s up tonight. I’m making something called Kuru Fasulye, which is basically white beans in tomato sauce. I’m serving it with rice pilaf and salad-slaw. Don’t hate, it’s really good.
- a few handfuls of great northern beans (or white kidney beans)
- 1 diced onion
- 3-4 diced tomatoes
- 2-3 tbsp tomato paste
- pinch red chili flakes
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 diced mild chili peppers ( used anaheim or poblano)
- Soak the beans.
- Oil up a stock pot and saute a few tbsp of tomato paste, onion, garlic, diced tomatoes, chili peppers, and pinch of chili flakes.
- When the veggies look tender, add the beans and enough water to cover them by about an inch (you can always add more water later if needed).
- Simmer until the beans are soft. Add salt.