This is my ex-roommate’s recipe. It’s perfect for zombie night, horror night, or Hitchcock night with beer.
- 1 quart chicken broth
- very, very yummy salsa (fire roasted is good)
- a handful of grape tomatoes
- tortilla chips (Mission rock!)
- cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- sour cream, a dollop per bowl
- avocado, diced
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- chopped cooked chicken
- Bring the chicken broth, a cup of water, tomatoes, and salsa to a boil. The amount of salsa to add is up to you, I add about 3/4 cup. Boil until the tomatoes are soft and you can “mash” them a bit (about 20 mins).
- Garnish the bowl with avocado, cilantro, cheddar, a dollop of sour cream, and chicken.
- Ladle in the broth and top with crushed tortilla chips and a squeeze of lime.
What else can I make with this?
I consider this an entire meal, but if you are serving a very hungry bunch you might want to double the recipe 😉