I love this recipe! but it’s so intense to make—and then again SO worth it! I’m going to have to put it back into rotation. I always use frozen french fries and bake them in the oven while I chop the vegetables. I made homemade fries once, but it was too much effort and I didn’t like how they turned out for Lomo Saltado. Crispy fries are the best because when they soak up the meat sauce they don’t get soggy.
- beef steak
- 1 white onion sliced
- 4-5 medium tomatoes quartered or sliced depending on the size
- 1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
- 2 jalapenos thinly sliced long on the diagonal
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 dashes of soy sauce
- vegetable oil
- prepared french fries frozen or homemade
- steamed white rice
- 1/4-1/3 cup mayo
- 2-3 jalapeno peppers
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 3-4 green onions
- one lime juiced
- salt and pepper
- Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Brown the meat over medium-high heat in a large skillet with a bit of oil. Remove the meat from the pan, let rest for 5 minutes, thinly slice.
- Saute onion, jalapeno, and tomato.
- Add garlic, cumin, vinegar, and soy sauce.
- Add the meat back to the pan and turn off the fire.
- Toss with chopped cilantro and french fries.
- Serve over white rice with the green sauce on the side.